Commonly Asked Questions
What is Hyper Optics Pavement Voids Analysis (PVA)?
The PVA system, copyrighted in 2003, provides clients with timely, accurate and easily understood information about void conditions beneath their pavements. The process derives this information using an advanced and proprietary form of air-launched ground penetrating radar known as Hyper Optics (HO).
In what ways does Hyper Optics PVA provide superior pavement management data?
What does the client receive?
- Presented on CD format, HO provides a full lane width (12 feet) scan of the continuous pavement system. This information is gathered with the HO vehicle traveling at normal highway speeds.
- By producing:
a) Analysis and location of voids (up to 3 inches deep) under rigid and flexible pavements.
b) Automatic calculation of void volumes detected and displayed.
c) Easy to read, on-screen display of resluting data.
- Technician interpretation of "squiggly" lines is eliminated and replaced by direct signal-generated mathematical analysis.
- Hyper Optics antennas are engineered to minimize the signal noise which masks the needed data.
- A color-coded voids map of the entire scanned pavement system covering full lane width.
- On-screen, continuous GPS coordinates and micro-odometer distance measurements. The client can easily select any pavement section for review.
- Immediate results of scanned information.